Lately I have read some blogs that have just left me laughing and laughing. Life has been very entertaining and funny for a lot of people. Then I sat there and realized... life and my blog hasn't been that funny lately. In fact life really feels rather same old same old. But then I also realized, that these last several weeks not only has life been same old same old, but I have been much more patient, I have enjoyed my kids more, and spent more time with my kids. So while it might not always make for the best blogging material, life has been simple but good.
But even if life has lately led to a few less hilarious blog posts, I still have so many wonderful friends that come and comment and even received a couple of awards! I actually got three, but one was given to my 365 Blog.
So, before too much time passes without me acknowledging the awards, as I really do appreciate them:
First from The Bird's Nest I got the Kreativ Bloggier Award. She takes beautiful pictures, is becoming a licensed foster/adoptive home, and I always love to see what she will post next.
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank the person giving the award
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don’t know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
And the second award came from Rachel Sue at Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug. Rachel gave me the Happy 101 Award. I love Rachel's honesty about life and that even when it is hard she keeps going and keeps finding good things. So in order for this post not to be horrifically long.. I am going to cheat a bit and just do the 7 things that you might not know about about me.. but hey most of them make me happy too.
1) I was the 5th of 6 kids growing up and so my mom was pretty experienced and pretty laid back by the time she got to me... and well life was good as she let me do pretty much whatever I wanted. (Probably helped that I was a pretty good kid anyway)
2) I never used my open heart surgery as an excuse not to do things--i.e. didn't get out of gym class because of my weak heart. In fact I think I thought I was pretty cool for having surgery.. well all except for the ages of 11-14 when you are self conscious about everything, and a big old scar down your chest is just a little different than everyone else.
3) I played flute in high school and was only 1 of 6 or so Seniors that was not in Symphonic band.. I was still in concert band (the lesser of the bands)... since band was not my life as it was for a lot of the band members, I was also in plays/musicals, speech team, NHS.. I liked to diversify. But I was first chair in concert band.
4) Even though my husband is 15" taller than me, and all of my children will someday be taller than me, I am still the boss. (just don't tell my husband I said so--oh wait he reads my blog.. and heck he would agree most of the time) Love you Eric!!
5) I am a horrific speller. They say if you read a lot than you will be a good speller. I received awards in second grades for reading 250 hours.. yeah I single-handily disproved that theory.
6) When I was in college I wrote a paper that my professor wanted me to revise just a bit then try and get published, as it would help me get into a great masters program. I was already married and knew I was not even going to try getting into a masters program... so I never did anything about it.
7) Speaking of college, I was a 4.0 student, after I got married... before.. yeah not so much.
So also to save time-- I am going to award one or both awards, those who are awarded take your pick, to the following bloggers as I feel they are both creative and make me happy.
1) Jenners- At Life with a Little One and More
2) HappyGal- At the Snyder 5
3) Xazmin- at This is The Year
4) Jen- at Buried With Children
5) Mrs. Montoya- At One Foot in Front of the Other
6) Chris- at Life or a reasonable facsimile thereof
7) Lauren- At Sanity Sold Separately!
8) Cop Mama-at Cop Mama
9) Linda- at My Trendy Tykes
10) Emily- at Emilisq
11) Amy- Happily Ever After
Congrats everyone! And there really are so many more I could have chosen. Thanks to all who follow my blog, even when life is just slowly moving along.