1. We had a lot of fun visiting with my parents who came to town. We always play cards when my kids go to bed, and even though, as my mom pointed out, they were the out of town guests, we killed them in every game.
2. We made it to the beach for the first time this summer. It was a beautiful day and we had fun boogie boarding, and jumping the waves; my Dad even went out and enjoyed the water a bit.
3. Eric and I had a great time at Universal last week, we rode almost everything twice, even rode the new Harry Potter ride 3 times. By the end of the day we were both wiped out, we tried to watch a show back at our hotel and both fell asleep.
4. I have figured out the success for road trips, I make a basket for each kid with their snacks for the road. They know if they eat it all at once that is all they get; they are actually really good at regulating themselves and even seem to eat less than if they were constantly asking me for snacks.
5. I love when where we live, but when I visit other places I forget how brown California is right now, I do miss the green; if only we could get some real rain and end our drought.