1. On Wednesday I helped in Alex's classroom. When I got there Alex's teacher said she had saved a special announcement for when I got there. Alex was one of two kids to receive 100% on her language portion of their bench mark testing. I was a very proud mama.
2. Yesterday Lucas came home and told me that for their monthly art project, two kids from the entire grade are chosen for their work to be displayed, one in the cafeteria and one in the library. When he went in for library time today he saw a familiar picture hanging on the wall, it was his! His art inspired by M.C. Escher was one of the two chosen! Again a proud mama.
3. Can't leave Ryder out, the other night while Lucas and Alex showered I decided to wait to bathe Ryder as I needed help putting laundry away. He really is my best helper for this and folded all of the towels and then put them away all by himself. Proud mama X3.
4. So you don't think my life is perfect, (it is not) this week I dealt with snotty noses, poopy underwear, a home decor item drawn on with crayon, numerous fights, one of my best friends and Ryder's friend moving away, and my poor husband working 12+ hour days. Just keeping it real.
5. We finally got a basketball hoop this week, it is yet to be put together. I am excited to see how Alex improves now that she will actually be able to practice more. Plus when Eric and Lucas were at the store buying it, Lucas sweet-talked Eric into buying him a nice ball and he is saying that he wants to play basketball next time around.