The Pearl Blog.
Chrissy is a mama of 3, faith-filled women who writes her blog to try and help women find the joy in all things. She shares crafts, thoughts from motherhood and all sorts of great things on her blog. Thank you Chrissy for co-hosting with me today.
Here are the questions I asked Chrissy.
1. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging back in 2006. It started as a way for out of town family to stay caught up on what's going on. Around 2010 I started getting serious about blogging.Trying to post often about life, DIY projects, and recipes. Now I love taking the time to share my love for Jesus, crafting, and inspiring women to find joy in all things. I blog so that every women can learn to embrace their beautiful mess.
2. What is your favorite way to spend a weekend? Making something, whether that be a craft, home improvement project, baking, sewing, journaling, blogging. I love making. I love sharing and giving away the things I make. Of course I love to make things being surrounded by family and friends!
3. If you could have one super power what would it be? Ohh, my super power would be to magically clean, and do laundry. Like snap my fingers and POOF, it's done.
4.. What is the best blogging advice you have ever received? Find your voice. Don't try and sound like the blogs you like to read, sound like you. I find it's easy to read posts outloud to amke sure that I hear my voice in them.
5. What is a book you love that you could read again and again? Besides my B-I-B-L-E, my newest-favoritest-book ever is Sensible shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown. I just finished it and can not wait to read it again later. It is a book that will impact you no matter what stage of life you are in.
You can find Chrissy at the following:
1. My baby turned 4 this week, you can see the birthday post I did for him here, he was so excited and has been counting down the days. On his actual birthday he kept singing happy birthday to himself at random times. I will tell you more about his birthday next week.
2. More fires this week, thankfully not by me, but unfortunately near my sister and 8 separate fires and a ton of damage this time. I spent Wednesday making a birthday cake, trying to get things ready for Ryder's birthday and watching the news. My sister and her family are all packed up and ready but so far haven't had to evacuate. At least 8 homes have been burnt and thousands have been evacuated.
3. Saturday was Lucas' last soccer game for the spring. They lost which was bittersweet as never fun to lose, but if they had won they would have kept going in the tournament.. and well let's be honest it is nice to be done. We had his team party last night, which I planed as I was the team mom. Everyone seemed to have a great time.
4. Oh the wedding reception I shot last Saturday went great! It was definitely an ideal situation, outdoors from 5-7:30 (so good lighting) and was more of an open house than actual reception. Not sure I want to make the leap into the wedding business anytime soon, but it was good to know I could probably do it.
5. My kids have less than one week of school left! Oh and this last week and a half have been "so tough" for them. They both spent half of Wednesday bowling, but they earned it by making all their reading goals for the year (only about 1/3 of the kids from the school did). Today Lucas is going on yet another field trip and last night was his last homework for the year. Summer here we come!
|In&Out Burger- Animal Style!|
|Eric kneeled down to pray- Ryder did too... sort of|
|The birthday cake I made Ryder|
|Birthday present from Mimi and Pappi- love it!! Go Cougars!|
|At his pizza party with his trophy|