1. I seem to cry pretty easily now, no full blown tears, just eyes get misty at little things. When I was little I definitely cried a lot, then I "toughened up" as a teen, and when I worked as a Foster Care worker, well I got really good at shutting it off. Now, yeah, not so much.
2. I love taking pictures, clients like Amanda of Kaleidoscope of Colors just make my job fantastic. Not only do I get to take her adorable little guy's picture, but she totally utilizes the pictures, cards, table runners, and shares them like crazy. It makes me happy.
3. Last Saturday Alex had her first basketball game. We only had five girls, and no coach (she was sick). We lost in over time 13-11. We lost in overtime because of the most stupid rule ever. At Alex's age they are not allowed to play full court defense. So if our team shoots the ball and misses and the other team grabs the rebound, we have to immediately run back to the other side of the court to wait to play defense there. I understand the merit of the rule as it helps give the girls a chance to play and shoot so some team is not always just stealing the ball, but the penalty-- if they don't run back and go for the ball as you actually would in real basketball, it is a technical! Let's just say I am a little riled up about this stupid rule. Alex's team did great though with no subs and they came back from being down 9-2.
4. We had so much fun at Knotts on Monday. It was a teacher-in-service day, so most schools were still in session, it was so empty! In 4 1/2 hours we went on 18 rides!
5. Yesterday as I sat in a chair while my kids rode their bikes in the cul-du-sac, I couldn't help but think how perfect the weather was and that I really do not miss living in a snowy place.
|He had one hand on the steering stick and the other just across the seat all chill like|
|My oldest two|
|Cool roller coaster shot from Knotts|
|See more from this shoot on my Facebook Page or on Instagram|