1. This morning I will be dressing my kids in red, white and blue.. for a day I will never forget. A day that changed so many things, a day full of loss and sorrow, but then hope. Hope and faith in our country and that it would rebuild. It is crazy to me that this day, so engrained in my mind, for my kids, it is just something 'in the history books'. It is a day I will never forget.
2. On Thursday when it was my turn for kindergarten pickup (I love carpooling!), Ryder's teacher leaned in my window and whispered, "I love Ryder! Everything about him, his hair, everything." It was a very proud mama moment.
3. We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Big Bear. The weather was beautiful, no one got sick (one of his did the last two years) and we just had a great time. I will be posting about it next week.
4. Since he is coming home today, I can now officially say the kids and I survived a few days while Eric was out of town. The day part is usual fine and not any different, it is when I am tired and wishing he was there to put the kids to bed, and then how quiet the house seems when it is time for me to go to bed that is hard; but thankfully I fell right asleep!
5. Yesterday Ryder and I went to the library. I wasn't feeling the best when we left (thanks to that time of the month), but by the time we were leaving the library I was breaking out in cold sweats, sure I was either going to throw up or pass out. I wasn't sure if I should drive but we had to get the other two from school. I even pulled over at one point as I was sure I was going to get sick. Thankfully I somehow made it without tossing my cookies. Not fun at all.
|Friday night we had the pool to ourselves... maybe since it was only 70 degrees outside!|
|Looked a little funny with my GoPro strapped to my head, but got awesome footage on the Alpine Slide|
|Playing pool at the condo in Big Bear|
|Pizza from Pieology- love creating my own pizza|
|To the south of us they got good rain- we just got spit on|