1. It is amazing how much 1 week can change everything. Last Friday we were in Utah finishing up our Thanksgiving Vacation, it was wonderful and so much fun. I still have all the pictures from the trip I need to go through, but since being back home I have hardly had a minute to spare.
2. Last Saturday Alex had a birthday she will never forget. Not only did she wake up to snow on the ground, but it continued to snow. We went sledding, then later swimming (at an indoor pool of course), all in one day. We ended her birthday by going out to dinner with family, presents with cousins and an ice-cream cake. Then we flew home at 10:22 at night, it was crazy.
3. Alex will be starting an indoor soccer league with her current team here soon, there really is no break from soccer in SoCal.
4. Then this week everything shifted and changed, the shooting in San Bernardino was way too close to home; minutes from where Eric works. The victims were brought to the hospital he works at. I am friends with people who personally know some of those who lost their lives. My heart is breaking.
5. Today this week ends on a somber note as it is two years since a good friend's little girl, who was in Lucas' class, was stuck and killed by a car while walking home from school. Sometimes when life seems to be chaotic and horrific it is easy to want to shut down, to shut it all out and try and ignore what is happening, but as Mr. Roger's mother taught him, look for the helpers, look for the good. We can't give up, we have to keep trying. We have to find a way to love and care for all and break through this insanity.
|Snow on her birthday morning|
|Not a lot of snow, but just enough to go sledding|
|Love this one!|
|One of our three Christmas trees|
|The countdown to Christmas has begun|
What is your Friday 5?