1. I love being able to help out in my kid's class. It is always so fascinating to see how they interact and act at school. Plus it's a nice benefit getting in good with the teachers.
2. This week at Scouts the boy were working on physical fitness. Lucas put a big stink about going, but then came home saying he had a great time. He told me they were doing sit ups and push-ups. He said, some people claim that sit-ups are harder than push-ups. He has no idea how anyone can think that though as sit ups are so much easier. He then told me that he had a New Year's resolution to work out everyday, but had already missed some days. He wanted to start again as 'how cool would it be to have a six-pack'.
I honestly must say I don't know if I ever thought I would hear my Lucas say that.
3. My niece came over yesterday so I could do some head shots, then she stayed for dinner. It is so crazy to me that my niece is in college, I used to babysit her when she was 1! I really must be getting old.
4. Alex had soccer try-outs this week. She is already on the team, it is more of just a formality, and they wanted lots of people there to look impressive for the new kids they are trying to recruit. Thankfully she loves soccer as club soccer is a whole other ball game and year round here... it never really ends.
5. Ryder had a playdate with his friend Aubrey yesterday. They are great friends and actually play really well together. Yesterday during the playdate I got the following text from her mom.
"These two are cracking me up! Aubrey's all dressed up as a southern belle. She plugged in our disco ball and announces that they're having a Princess Disco Party. I look over and see Ryder standing there with this dumbfounded look on his face. He watches for a minute then says, 'I'm leaving..' and turns and walks away."
Thankfully they quickly did find something else that they both wanted to do, guess that was just a little too girly for Ryder.
|So good to see the snow-capped mountains|
|Me and my oldest|
|Perfect day for a scooter ride|
|Yummy dinner from this week|