1. I love having family in town, but it sure does throw your regular routine off! But that really is a good thing every once in a while. I have been trying to just unplug and really be there.
2. Alex had a scrimmage at soccer practice last night; some of our girls were out of town so we were short and had no subs, but we still won 9-6! It was a crazy high scoring game; we were playing on a short field. Most of their points came in the second half when our girls were worn out (the other team did have three subs).
3. We went up to Oak Glen with my parents for a day and right there walking around by everyone was a mama bear and two cubs, it was pretty crazy! We had fun at the petting zoo, though the darn goats totally bombarded Ryder trying to get the corn we had to feed them. At the little animal museum, Alex was the only brave one who wanted to hold a snake.
4. We saw Finding Dory over the weekend, it was really cute, my kids all liked it. It is crazy how expensive it is to take our entire family to the theater, especially since we always have to buy treats.
5. The fires are far enough away that we are totally safe, but on Monday the winds blew all the smoke our way and holy cow it made the sun look crazy, plus there was ash falling from the sky. Hoping they get the fires out quickly!
|The sun through the smoke of the fires|
|Alex was the only one brave enough to hold the snake|
|My parents and the my kids|
|He wanted to pose like this- trying to pretend like he was trying to catch the wagon|