She asked us to give ten roses to people or things in our lives we want to keep pursing a relationship with.
So my roses go to, in to particular order:
1) My feet- even though I can't see you anymore, I know you are still down there. And I really do care about you (even if I only paint your nails once or twice a year). So please don't do anything drastic like getting swollen on me-thanks
2) Cream Cheese-oh you and I have had a very long love affair. You are one of those things that isn't so good for me, but well I just can't resist. All I need are a few crackers and you and everything is better.
3) My bed- I know I don't spend as much time with you as I should, but I still want you around. Though, you need some work... maybe a new mattress, a new frame. So take better care of yourself and well make some major changes and I will keep you.
4) My nose-you have never worked right, so I don't know why I want to keep you. But at this time I am giving you a rose so you will realize that messed up or not I do still want you--so please get unstuffy because see, I gave you a rose, I love you!
5) Lucas- my first born child. You will always be special to me and I will always love you. I love how your eyes always twinkle and your smile. But seriously, the crying and tantrums that have suddenly shown up lately they can go away.
6) My camera-oh how I love you. I want to use you everyday. Hopefully we can keep working together and maybe even make some money someday.
7) Alex- my sweet little red head. I love your funny/wonderful personality. I love how you snuggle with me and still seem to fit just right in my arms even though you are getting so big. But the drama--I am done watching you lie on the floor yelling "I can't get up, my legs are asleep"--as cute as you are, well this isn't so cute.
8) My coupons-bet you didn't think I was going to give you a rose now did you. I know I have almost completely forgotten about you. But you and I we have such a great past. Remember that time I only spent $11 but save around $113 thanks to you; yeah those were good times. So stick around and maybe I will make more time for you.
9) My i-pod touch- You and I do spend a lot of time together. You help keep me organized, you help me not forget things... and all of the games we play together.. oh such wonderful diversions. But you know I might be neglecting some of the other things in my life because of you... so don't worry if I don't spend as much time with you. (you know I will be back)
10) My husband-I has been a wonderful and adventurous 8 1/2 years. You help me clean, you cook on the weekends, you love and adore our children and play with them like no one else can. And even with the hard times and that times that have required growth; I will always give you a rose. I always want you around.
For more great reads check out
Mama Kat's Writers Workshop
Mama Kat's Writers Workshop