Also-I will be waiting to do my Ten Things to Smile about list until next week.
So next Tuesday the 4th, it will be time to link up with Ten Things to Smile about. For those who are new, every month, usually the last Tuesday of the month I like to reflect back on the month and remember the funny/happy/silly often simple things that gave me reason to smile. I often include pictures in my list, but you can even simply write a list. Then you can come back and link up. I am definitely a glass-half full kind of gal.
And of course-this Friday will be your last chance to join in the 2010 Review Extravaganza! It has been so awesome getting around and reading everyone's recaps. And the points are stacking up!
So here is the last recipe for this month.
Asian Style Pork-n-Noodles
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (most of us halved the vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Coarse salt
- 1 large head broccoli, about 1 1/3 pounds
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, or snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin or tenderloin, sliced 1/2 inch thick, each slice cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Oh and by the way, I am going to use CHICKEN!!!!! Since there is already one pork loin recipe this month feel free to use chicken and frozen broccoli, if you want. Make it work for you by not having to buy so many new ingredients (though I think the hoisin sauce is sort of necessary.)
Oh, and one more thing - many reviewers say to decrease the vinegar! So perhaps we should half it ((I did)). This looks pretty easy so hopefully it is.