Since this is Friday 5, I figured I would ask Jamie 5 questions to get to know her better.
1. How long have you been blogging? 9 years this month!
2. What is your favorite part about blogging? The people I have met. I've made several really great friends through this crazy hobby of mine.
3. If you could go on a vacation anywhere, where would you go? I would love to go back to the Bahamas if it were a quick vacation. I've never been to London and I would love to visit one day.
4. What is your favorite dessert? I'm a chocolate lover (milk vs. dark, for me, but I'm also not choosy.) There's a great place in town called the Chocolate Lounge and they have an amazing mint chocolate brownie. I'm in love.
5. What good book have you read lately? Um. Dinosaurs? (Really, this is the book we bought my son last weekend and we've read it no fewer than 10 times each day.) I'm a huge, huge fan of Jane Green and she has a new book coming out in March. She's the only author I actually pre-order and I read her books right away.
Definitely go read Jamie's blog here. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
Thank you Jamie for being my first co-host.
Here is my Friday 5
1. We got more rain this week! In fact it is supposed to rain all weekend, a very needed thing and fun as it is cute to hear Ryder say he wants to use his ka-brealla. No idea why he says it like that but I secretly love it.
2. Cooking seems to be an every other week sort of thing for me lately. Last night we had cheese chips for dinner, but I did cook a side of vegetables, some spam, and apple juice to go along with it. Mother of the year here. And yes my kids (and me) actually really like spam. The reason we even tried it, Weird Al, true story.
3. Soccer is actually going really well so far, no complaining at all from the kids about going to practice in fact they both really like it, but that still didn't stop me from doing a happy dance when practice was canceled yesterday.
4. Both Lucas and Alex got awards for good citizenship and good grades this past week. After Alex's awards ceremony, they are divided by grades, my friend who watches Ryder took him home to her house, leaving me all by myself to see Lucas awards...... it was weird. I felt like I was missing something. It hit me that this is how it would always be in a couple of years for things like that. It really was a bitter sweet moment.
5. My bedroom still makes me smile every time I go in.
|Alex's basketball team at their team party|