Here the questions I asked Kathrine this week.
1. How long have you been blogging?
August of 2013
2. What would you dream job be?
Either an archaeologist but without all the politics and stuff the job usually entails or someone who does genealogy. I love history and research and those two things have always been fascinating too me.
3. Why did you start blogging, what is your favorite part about it?
I love projects and goals and I started blogging to help me keep track of everything. I love the accountability. I can say Oh I'm going to accomplish x this month and then talk myself out of it but if I've written it down I'm way better at follow through. I love participating in linkups and finding other blogs and people that have similar interests or fresh perspectives.
4. What is your favorite movie, or a movie you recently watched and loved?
This one is tough. I don't really watch a lot of movies. I think I have commitment issues because while I have no problem watching TV the idea of committing to an entire movie makes me jumpy. My favorite movie has always been Grosse Pointe Blank which is a really dark comedy with John Cusack make in the 90s but it's been awhile since I've seen it. I need to rewatch it to make sure I still like it. We did go see The Lego Movie a few weeks ago and really liked it though I've yet to get that song fully out of my head.
5. If you could have one super power what would it be?
I'm torn between the ability to stop time so I could get more things done and the ability to be invisible because I'm really nosy!
1. I don't feel that busy.. okay that's a lie there is always a lot going on, but why do the big things always have to get scheduled for the same night? Lately I have been double booked or people have been trying to double book me all the time. Last night was a huge Gala/fundraiser for a hospital that Eric has done work at, this was a formal, thousands of dollars for a table kind of event... last night was also my kids' school open house. We did both, ditching out of the Gala right after we ate and hurrying though each of the kids classrooms. Why couldn't they have been on different nights??
2. My kids spring break is next week, I am looking forward to it and trying to make sure I don't just let my kids sit around and watch movies or play mine craft all day... though if I am reading a good book you never know.
3. Eric had a fun birthday, he got home a little later than he wanted and of course the kids wanted him to open presents first so we just did a quick dinner then on Saturday went to Rain Forest Cafe.
4. Saturday I photographed the California Mother of the Year Award; it was a very uplifting morning and so awesome that moms are being honored and recognized for doing a work that is so truly important.
5. Oh and because of that Mother of the Year award- I got to experience heaven in my mouth! Seriously! They gave out these mint truffle bars that I just seriously think I moaned the whole way through (thankfully I was at home). They are called Utah Truffles. If anyone knows anyone at this company and they want a spokesperson or lots of blogging love, seriously send them my way!
|Standing over the highway after soccer practice--don't worry I was on a bridge with a big fence|
|The fancy gala dinner|
|This year and two past years California Mother of the Year recipients|
|Best way to go clothes shopping- he didn't complain once|