This week my co-host is Laura of My Newest Addiction.
1. Why did you start blogging? How long have you been doing it? I started blogging 4-5 years ago to start making a diary of my makeup looks. I am sure everyone has had days where their makeup looked fabulous but you can’t remember for the life of you WHAT you did or what makeup product you used where… well this was happening to me a lot so I started writing it all down, snapping pictures and uploading it. Eventually I started getting a good bit of traffic and my readers started asking me to review some of the things I was using and the rest is history!
2. What is your favorite bedtime snack? My favorite bedtime snack is cookies and milk. I am so bad, I have a major sweet tooth!
3. Are you a city girl or a do you prefer small town living? I prefer a blend of both. I love the freedom that small town living provides but I actually love all of the amenities of city life. I live in Jacksonville, FL right now and it balances those two things perfectly.
4. What is your favorite part about blogging? Least favorite? My favorite thing about blogging is the sense of community I have developed with my readers. It is fun because the interaction makes it feel like we are long-time friends. My least favorite part is the time that goes into it. Don’t get me wrong... I love what I do, but the average person doesn’t realize the time that goes into the photography, photo editing and writing process. The positives greatly outweigh the negatives!
5. If you could have one super power what would it be? If I could have a super power… oh wow! That is a good one. I would love the power of super speed. Being able to do a ton of things super fast so I can spend the majority of the day with my family and friends!
You can find Laura at the following:
Her blog//Bloglovin'// Twitter//Facebook//Google+//Instagram//Pinterest
1. We had such a fun time with our end of the school year get away. The kids were so excited with the Legoland surprise (you can see their reaction on my instagram feed). We really had a great time- and don't worry I will tell you more about it next week.
2. We got home with two hours to spare until our company arrived. Eric's parents, his sister Rachel and her kids have been here all week. We have been having so much fun and hardly ever see the older kids as they just play together all day long.
3. Before we lived in California we visited my older sister and asked to go to the beach on the 4th of July. They humored us and took us, knowing how crazy busy it would be, a day that most locals avoid. On Monday we humored our out of town guests and went to the beach on Memorial Day. It was busy but we still had such a great time.
4. While standing in line in Legoland, Eric was playing a game to pass time. He would say "whoever touches mom's arm first wins" "whoever touches their shoe first wins", etc. At one point he said "whoever breaths air first wins", to which Ryder replied "I can't do it!"
5. Lucas has always been an early riser, so is his cousin Ethan who he is sharing a room with this week. You would think two early risers would work well together in the morning- well they do yet it has a compounding affect- those boys have been waking up at 5:20 A.M! My MIL is also up early and Wednesday the boys and my MIL were out the door by 6:30 going to a park and getting bagels.
|My family waiting in line at Legoland|
|Ryder and his cousin having fun|
|Ryder's sand castles|
|Having company over is tiring at times- Ryder with his Pappi|