1. Vacations are supposed to energize you and leave you inspired-- well this one did while I was on it, but I swear this has been the hardest to get back into things after a vacation ever. It was also one of the longest vacations we have gone on since being married, so that might have something to do with it.
2. We were in Utah for the 4th of July, did you know that he firework shows do not start there until almost 10:00 because it takes so long to get dark!? I like our 9:00 shows here much better. Instead of taking the kids to join the crowd at 10:00, Eric put on a firework show for us. We went all the way to Montana to get some awesome fireworks....okay- so we bought them when we were in Montana on vacation but it sounds cool and crazy to say that. He put on a great show and the kids loved it.
3. We only have 3 weeks of summer left! My kids start August 4th- I am not ready.
4. My family's reunion was awesome- all 27 of us stayed in one big cabin and actually had a really great time. There were a few hiccups and schedule changes of course but it truly was wonderful. (I will be blogging all about it soon of course)
5. As Eric and I were driving around Idaho/Montana and Wyoming- we started asking Siri some questions (when we actually had reception), and did you know that if you add the populations of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota together it is LESS than the population of L.A?!? Crazy and we decided as beautiful as the areas are we are city people.
|Saying goodbye to my little sister at the end of the reunion|
|Eric and his dad- wore their matching ties to church|
|Waiting for it to get dark to watch the fireworks|
|Playing minute it to win-it games with his cousin|
|f'reals make the day fun|