1. The kids all had a great first week of school. Both Lucas and Alex loves their teachers and there has only been a tiny bit of homework, so it has been a pretty easy start to the school week.
2. I have a brother Aaron and and a brother-in-law named Aaron. When we were all in Yellowstone, Ryder started calling my brother Aaron "that guy". He would even say things like 'is that guy going to ride in the car with us?' This last week at dinner I was telling my kids something funny my brother Aaron had posted on Facebook and the following conversation occurred.
Lucas: "Which Aaron said that?"
Me: "My brother, or that guy"
Alex: "Why does Ryder call him that guy?"
Eric: "Just to be funny."
Ryder: "And there is bacon man" (A nickname my brother-in-law Ross-who loves bacon- has)
Alex: "And I call him Mr. Bacon"
Lucas"I call Uncle Ross, Ross"
Ryder: "I call the chair, chair" and then he laughed and laughed.
3. Ryder started preschool this week! All week long he was totally excited and couldn't wait to start. The morning of, at one point he did say, 'but that is going to be too long'. When we got to preschool he stood by me shyly and didn't say anything to the other kids. When it was time to go in, he went right in without a second thought. When I picked him up he was totally happy and told me all about the things he did and the friends he played with.
4. I survived and even enjoyed my first day at home alone. I talked to my parents for a while, my mom had to leave halfway though, so I was just talking with my dad. Whenever it is just he and I talking, we seem to talk even longer. Then I spent the rest of the time taking pictures of a bunch of things I am going to sell on a local selling site. The time went quickly; though I did try and go to Ryder's side of the car to get him in his seat when it was just me.
5. Between a date, a church meeting and a back to school night, our babysitter has come three times within the last week. Thankfully my kids love her, she even braided Alex's wet hair one of the times she came; that way it could be all wavy the next morning. Love having a great babysitter.
|Sushi from our date night!|
|Lucas got his Bear award|
|Alex's hair all curly thanks to the braid from the babysitter the night before|
|Ryder's first day of preschool|
|There has been one lone drumstick in the freezer- I ate it yesterday when I was home by myself|
What is your Friday 5 this week?