1. I kept hearing a beep- one of the smoke detectors had a low battery. I searched and discovered it was the one in Alex's room. I tried to change the battery, but despite standing on a chair I still couldn't reach.
Alex came home from school and immediately started bugging her little brother. She was picking on him, yelling at him and even threw one of his toys when he wouldn't do what she wanted. I sent her to her room.
The beeping drove her crazy. Is it bad that I thought, oh karma?
2. On Tuesday Ryder slept in almost 40 minutes longer than he usually does. When he woke up he immediately said he felt like he needed a nap. He went to the bathroom, came downstairs and barely picked at his breakfast. He was obviously not feeling well. No fever, no real symptoms, he once said his throat hurt but he was eating and drinking things fine. I decided not to push it and kept him home from preschool. He slept on and off until about 10:00 AM when he fell asleep and slept solidly until 1:30. He woke up at 1:30, smiling and happy saying he was hungry. He was perfectly fine the rest of the day. I guess he was just completely exhausted.
3. Last night I told Lucas that when he is gone at school I will probably steal his Halloween candy. He simply shrugged and said, "in one of my random fact books, it says 90% of parents sneak their kids Halloween candy." I guess he has accepted it as fact. Are you part of the 90%?
4. I am so happy it is October! I am not happy it is supposed to be in the triple digits this weekend, seriously enough!
5. Since it is October we finally got our Halloween decor up! I love the fall and fall decorations. Now let's just hope I put enough rocks in our milk jug ghosts outside as the winds are coming.
|By Tuesday afternoon he was totally good to go- oh and that one eye squinting smiling thing, sadly gets it from me|
|A jumble knotted mess! Who just threw the leaf garland and pom pom garland in the box last Halloween??? Yeah- me|
|Did this make you turn your head a bit?|
|Building blocks and smiling for mama|
|Yea for fall decor!|
What is your Friday 5 this week?