1. We are now down to officially one sport as basketball is over. Remember how I wrote about how I was not a good sports mom? Well, let me just say the parents of the other team at Alex's last basketball team made me look like a saint! We were down two players, so had no subs, our coach wasn't even there. During the game one of the Dad's from the other side comes over and says how it was convenient that we left our other two girls at home so we could play just our best girls!
I was so shocked I didn't even say anything, at least I think I didn't, there was a lot of yelling and craziness going on in that game, so I don't really remember it all... but I couldn't believe he said that! We were dying with no subs, (Alex had been up sick the whole night before) wishing our whole team was there. We lost by only one point! We had been winning the entire game until the last two minutes. This was against the team that has won every game this season by an average of 20+ points. I am still all riled up about it every time I think of it.
2. It is a really good thing I don't drink. I get addicted to things way too easily. I think I should hide my iPad for a while, so many fun games.
3. This was a long week, Ryder was sick Monday and Tuesday and Eric was gone all day for work on Thursday, literally from about 5:00 AM until 11:30 PM. He had to travel out of town for the day and of course his hour flight got delayed 1 1/2 hours.
4. Ryder and Alex both have their first soccer games this weekend. Unfortunately I am going to miss them both because I am going to Time Out For Women. While I know it will be an awesome weekend, I kind of wish I wasn't going. Poor Eric has to get everyone ready for Alex's 8:00 AM soccer game Saturday morning.
5. We had a great time celebrating Eric's birthday over the weekend. It was a busy one, basketball game, opened presents, went out to lunch, Black Tie Optional Hospital fundraiser that evening. It was so busy that we didn't have his cake until Sunday. He is totally loving the Ninja Blender I got him, has used it everyday since.
|Using his blender for the first time|
|All dressed up- the lighting was horrible for this picture|
|Birthday cake on Sunday- Ryder helped me make it|
|When Ryder comes home from preschool he always sits on my lap and shows me all his papers- I love it!|
|Since Eric was gone- Chick-fil-A for dinner! And yes Ryder gets his ice-cream in a cone but then eats it with a spoon|