1. We survived our first full week of school. Traffic is actually worlds better, yet still awful; the kids just sat right down and did their homework when it was time, and they all are still happy about school. A win-win!
2. I haven't really been home very much while Ryder has been at school, so I haven't had a chance to just sit and think about how quiet the house is without everyone.
3. I am itching to re-do the playroom into my craft room! There are still quite a few toys the kids play with so it is probably going to be half play room/ half craft room, but I am excited to be able to bring some of my craft things out of the garage.
4. This last week after I donated a bunch of kids books (part of the prep work for the craft room), I of course had to stop in the thrift store and might have bought a few more books. Way less than I donated though, and ones that Alex's needs for BOB (Battle of the Books), In one book that I got her, we found something that is almost a bit of an antique-- see the picture below.
5. Ryder met his soccer coach this last week. Thankfully and a bit of a small miracle, his practices are on different days then Alex's. I was really wondering how we would work it if they ended up on the same day. But that does also mean that 4 days a week (5 once games are started) I will be at a soccer field.
|Had fun at Knotts on Saturday|
|Eyeing this piece at Hobby Lobby-- can't decide if all those little drawers are actually practical|
|Cute girls-- silly boys. Yesterday was my day for kinder pick-up.|
|Finally the surprise-- a slumber party invite card- from 1988!! It was inside a book I got at the thrift store|