1. I had a wonderful birthday and was spoiled right from the start. Alex made me breakfast, cinnamon sugar toast, and the kids all made their own breakfasts so I didn't have to cook. After church it was present time and then I sat back and read a book while Eric and the kids made me a cake and an amazing dinner. It was an awesome day, though that fact that you would now round my age to 40 is a bit terrifying.
2. Saturday was crazy with two soccer games, a football game, a photo shoot and our church Trunk-or-treat. The kids all had a great time though, so a win.
3. This week I have been, or will be, over at the school helping out 4/5 days. The front office lady, who is new this year, knows me by name now.
4. It has actually cooled off here a bit and has been perfect.. but now we have the big winds and it is bringing the heat back so it will be 90 degrees in time for soccer games and trick-or-treating on Saturday. Oh but by Tuesday the high is only going to be 68, I swear the weather is crazy!
5. My kids school went on lock down this week for the third time this year! The first two times were because of wild life, coyote and then a mountain lion-- this time was while the police were looking for a home-invader that got away. The schools in California (at least a lot of them in SoCal) all have outside entrances to their classrooms, the hallways are just a covered walkways, so when the school goes on lockdown they are all literally stuck in whatever room they were in at the time, including the cafeteria that Lucas got stuck in. Thankfully everything turned out just fine.
|Spider Day At school|
|My kids Halloween costumes this year|
|Ryder with his "girlfriend" at the church Halloween party|
|My birthday dinner|
|Editing pictures from the photo shoot on Saturday|