So join me each Friday for a fun easy post. You can share 5 things that happened, 5 things you like, however you would like to do it. #Friday5
1. I am watching the final season of American Idol. I never really watched the show in the beginning but actually got into it the last few years. I can't decide if I am happy or not that this is the last season. I think it is good but I might miss it... maybe.
2. Lucas got student of the month; so proud of him and for the amazing boy he is. His teacher said that before Christmas break she was asking the kids if they were excited about break and he said, no he was going to miss school. She said he is the first student that has ever said that.
3. Rain! We have gotten a ton of rain this week, even flooding in places. I kind of love it, what I don't love is the cold that has come with it, highs in the mid to upper 40's-- this is California, it shouldn't be that cold.
4. My parents came into town for Christmas; while they were here we took them to the Science Center where we took them in the earthquake simulator. Eric and Lucas kept saying how cool it would be if they experienced a real earthquake. The day after my parents left our house we had a pretty decent one- one good enough that the kids and I were starting to head for the doorway, my parents just missed it of course... which they are probably grateful for.
5. We have started up the chore charts again with the kids, they are doing great and Ryder is actually totally excited about it. One of their chores is to have their bedrooms clean, however, Eric told them as long as our bedroom was messy (it's all my stuff let's be honest) they have a free pass on their rooms... they have had a free pass all week. Anyone want to come clean my room?
|Some blue skies before the rain|
|Love the reflection in this one|
|Alex's doll house, still decorated for Christmas|
|Proud of my student of the month- here with his teacher|