1. School is out! Tuesday was my kids' last day of school. I really cannot believe it is over!
2. Monday was a busy day, first with Lucas' 5th grade promotion; I never had a 5th grade promotion, it really is kind of funny as they are all going to the same middle school next year... anyway, as funny as it is it was also wonderful. We were able to pull the other two out of school early and then all went out to lunch. Then that evening was Ryder's kindergarten performance. It was a fun day.
3. A couple of years ago we surprised our kids with a trip to Legoland right after school got out, we wanted to do it again this year. It was really hard keeping it a secret from Alex especially as she is a sneaky clever one who likes to eaves drop on conversations. We left a day after school got out, instead of the day of like last time, so on the last day of school when Eric wasn't coming home early, she began to doubt if we were doing a surprise trip. So in the end we got her.
4. Packing for a three day trip is so much easier then a week long trip. I kept thinking I must be forgetting something as it seemed to easy.
5. This last Saturday we went to a BYU fan fest, it was so much fun! Not only were there some little games and things for the kids, but we got to meet and get autographs from lots of BYU basketball and football players. We also got to meet two of the new football coaches including Ty Detmer. It was a total fan girl day.
|Ryder and his best friend on fun in the sun day|
|With Cosmo- BYU's mascot|
|Family with coaches Kalani Sitake and Ty Detmer|
|Ryder had the football players and coaches sign his helmet|
|Sunset over the ocean|