This last week has been a great one. My best friend from Mesa came with her family to visit. We went to the zoo, the beach, the boys played wonderfully and we just had a great time. I am sure I will post pictures and more about this during the week.
Saturday, Eric and I got to go the BYU vs. SDSU football game in San Diego. Did I mention we also had box seats! I must admit I felt pretty cool riding up the escalator that only those with box seats were allowed up, on a level where all of the staff members wore shirts that said "Elite". Plus my Cougars won! Though not as handily as I thought they should have. I even heard SDSU fans at the end saying, 'well we did better than I thought we would'. But it was still a great game and the first game Eric and I have been able to go to in a couple of years; so long overdue.
Self portrait at the game
And finally, I got an award. I received the Dragon's Loyalty Award from the football loving, California girl and very crafty Lisa at Smell the Coffee Lisa. (You should see the Halloween decorations/crafts she is making) I received this award for being a loyal commenter on her blog.
Rules for this award!
1) If you have a blog, post it on your blog with a link back to the site who gave it to you.
2) Leave them a comment on their site, email, etc. to let them know.
3) If you don't have a blog but have a website, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or other type account, post there with a link back.
4) Pass this on to 3-10 loyal fans.
I was very honored to receive this as I try to comment and show my love to the blogs I love. And I definitely appreciate that others do the same for me.
So I would like to award this to (in random order):
1) Em-at Emilisq All Because One Mom Decided to Stay Home
2) Alicia- at Boylerpf --she has more recently found my blog but has been here everyday since
3) Lourie- At CA Girl --she has been here from the start (and is my cousin-in-law!)
4) Carolyn- At Fruit of Carolyn
5) Lydia- at Babies and Bags
6) Rachel- at The Rachel Way--she is the reason I started blogging, oh and she's my sister-in-law
7) CJ Sim-at Simply Simonsons--she totally works the coupon system at Walgreens!
8) Rachel Sue- at Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug
9) Mrs. Montoya-at One Foot in Front of the Other
10) Mamma Christine-At Something Done Write
Thank you ladies for always coming to my blog and supporting me! There were so many others I could have picked too. It really is your comments and support that keep me going when I get in a blogging funk. Thanks!!