Today's recipe is one that Melidee submitted and the picture is from the lovely and talented Rachel once again.
by Chef Bryan Woolley, Channel 2 News Chef
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
1 medium size onion
3 garlic cloves minced
2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup Worchestershire sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
¾ cup ketchup
1 glass bread pan (about 9x5)
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, Worchestershire sauce, bread crumbs and eggs. Mix ingredients all together.
2. Place meat mixture into a glass bread pan.
3. Spread ketchup over top of meatloaf.
4. Take a cooling rack and place it inside of a baking sheet (jelly roll type) and place the prepared meatloaf on top of the rack.
5. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until done. (Internal temperature should be at least 160 degree’s.)
6. Serve with a fresh tomato relish, sautéed garden vegetables and mashed potatoes. ENJOY!
Melidee-I heard him say on the news that if you cook it in an aluminum, throw-away pan, you can poke holes in the bottom and all the grease runs out into the jelly roll pan and keeps your meatloaf from swimming in grease. He has a fabulous blog of recipes. Just type in his name and take a look!