So when I was given the chance to review the Ruckus Reader App I jumped at the chance!
The Ruckus Reader App is a breakthrough learning program for the iPad featuring digital storybooks that provides parents with personalized feedback on their child’s reading experience. It is designed to help young children practice important reading skills and develop a love of reading with characters they love.
They have everything from My Little Pony, Curious George and Transformers- something for everyone. My daughter loves the My Little Pony stories.
One of the great features is that you can have the story read to you or you can chose to read the story yourself. Even if the story is reading to you- there are interactive words throughout. In My Little Pony part of the picture will sparkle and when you click on that, a word card will appear and you have to click the same word in the text. So it helps with word recognition.
The stories also have little video clips and games throughout the story really keeping the kids engaged. Both Lucas (a reader) and Alex (non-reader) love this app.
Here are just a few of the features of the Ruckus Reader books
- Engages the parent and/or caregiver with a weekly Reader Meter report that assesses their child’s in-app reading skills, such as phonics and word recognition, print awareness, fluency, alphabetic knowledge, sequencing and story comprehension in real time.
- Offers a collection of more than 15 iReaders from award-winning, best-selling children’s books with 20 new titles and activities added to the Ruckus Reader library every month.
- Includes more than 15 top children’s books in e-book format for endless story time, such as Curious George from respected children’s publisher Houghton Mifflin, with additional titles arriving monthly.
- Celebrates a child’s successes with parent engagement and provides recommendations and practical tips for parents.
- Provides the right book at the right time as each series features three different reading levels, appropriate for emergent, beginning and independent readers.
- Features integrated, age-appropriate learning activities and games within the context of each story to further the plot.
Registering is completely free and with the free membership you get up to 4 child accounts, access your books on multiple devices, and reader meter progress snapshots. If you get the paid membership you get all of these benefits AND Unlimited Access to all Books in the Ruckus Reader iLibrary AND Reading meter progress reports.
Today I have been allowed to offer one of you a FREE 1-month subscription!
To enter to win the 1-month Unlimited subscription for free you must go to Ruckus Reader and register as a new member- then simply come back and leave me a comment saying you did so. Easy huh? You will have one week to enter. Winner will be announced next Tuesday.
Good luck and happy reading!
Disclaimer: I was given a 1-month unlimited subscription to review this product. All thoughts and feelings are my own and truthful.