Mother's Day is coming up so I was looking through some of my old posts about motherhood, I came upon this one from over two years ago that I thought I would share.
Ten Things I Did Not Know Until I was a Mom
1. That there are lots of bad words out there. The ones most know about, the f-word, etc..... and then the three letter word that I did not know until I was a mom...WHY?
2. That no matter how many books you've read, how educated you think you are, once you have kids there will be times you feel like a complete idiot.
3. That one person can drive you completely insane but you will still keep loving them.
4. How poop and pee and other bodily functions will become a part of your everyday conversation.
5. That no matter what the day has been like, when you check on them sleeping peacefully in bed it makes everything okay.
6. That one word, when heard for the first time, can melt your heart instantly... mama.
7. How little sleep night after night you can somehow function on.
8. No matter how independent you may have once been, once you have a two-year-old you will need a friend to vent to.
9. How you can suddenly find anything and everything to worry about, if you let yourself.
10. That the only way I am going to be able to successfully raise my kids is if I understand my limits and realize that I cannot do it alone and that is completely okay
What have you learned since being a mother?