1. It's Football season! I love college football, especially my BYU Cougars. We started off the season by going to a friends house for a football party. It was a ton of fun and we won, which of course makes it even more fun. I did feel a little funny as most of the women were in the other room talking and I was with all of the guys actually watching the game. I really do love watching it.
2. My kids only buy lunches a couple of days a week, the other days I pack (see my school lunch ideas here and here). I must admit I love they days they buy. They only buy certain days as there are some meals they do not like. I went to the district website and printed Septembers meal calendar. I went through with each kid and highlighted what days they want to buy. This week they both wanted to buy the pulled pork sliders on Wednesday. Alex would be buying again on Friday with the Mac and Cheese, but Lucas said he did not want it as it was a gross plastic mac and cheese. Wednesday he came home from school and told me it was the Mac and Cheese, they had changed it with no notice and so he pretty much had only milk for lunch. I was pretty dang ticked off needless to say.
3. I love my kids, but they definitely know how to drive me crazy at times. Tuesday was particularly bad and I was ready to lose it. Lucas and Alex wrote me a sweet note saying they were sorry I was having a bad day and that they loved me. It was just what I needed to snap back into a normal sane mommy.
4. This weekend I also got to see my bestie Lourie a.k.a. CA Girl! We celebrated her birthday a couple of days early. It always is so much fun getting together.
5. On Labor day we decided to check out the Aquarium of the Pacific. The family season pass price was just barely more than it would cost us to go one time, so we went ahead and got family passes. We were glad we did, as didn't come close to seeing everything and the kids loved it. Lucas and Alex especially loved touching the sharks, Ryder just wouldn't dare.
|Lourie and I-with a kind of blurry selfie|
|Touching the sharks|
|No touching this guy though! Yikes!|
|I really need to remember to take my glasses off when I take a selfie, they always go crooked|
What made your Friday 5 this week?