1. Last Saturday was Alex's first soccer game of the season. She was a rock star! They tied 0-0, but we were missing two girls and had no subs. We had so many super close shots on the goal. Alex played defense the first half and our goalie only touched the ball once. The second half Alex played goalie and she stopped so many one-on-one shots, including this awesome double stop where the ball bounced off of her because it came in fast but she stopped it, the girl took another shot and she stopped it again! It was awesome. She dropped kicked it to the other side of the field every time too. I was a proud mama.
2. All of our TV shows started this week.. well except Downton Abbey, darn British show we have to wait for! I only watched one though, since Eric was gone, waiting until he gets back to watch them together. Do you watch shows alone or with a spouse?
3. This weekend I am taking Senior pictures of the daughter of my bestie Lourie aka CA Girl. I cannot believe she is a senior already! We had her babysit a few times for us when she had just turned 12, now she is a high school senior! What?!? I am sure Lourie is a freaking out about it even more than me.
4. Two of my kids now know what they want to be for Halloween, Ryder is going to be a pirate and Alex is going to be Anna. She wanted to be Elsa, but I convinced her she has to be Anna, after all she already has the red hair. Besides- Anna is really the hero of the story anyway. In some ways Elsa is almost one of the villains of the story if you really think about it.
5. Yesterday Ryder performed a magic show for me.... the same magic show I have seen him perform for me what seems like 5 million times. I survived it by taking pictures; we actually ended up having a lot of fun, he is definitely quite the little ham.
|Learning how to dribble in his all sports class|
|Yea this happened last Friday, 5S, 6 and 6+ Loving my new 6!|
|The kids discovered my box of hidden drumsticks- that meant I had to share|
|Alex kicking bootie at goalie! Picture thanks to my husband :)|
|A few of the pictures I took of his magic show|
P.S. Don't forget- this upcoming Tuesday will be 10 Things to Smile About This Month!!