1. In church last week, Ryder made a little paper chain in his church class to count down to Christmas. Every morning when he woke up, the first thing he would do was go pull off another chain and tell me how many days it was until Christmas. It was so fun to see his excitement and his ability to really understand more.
2. Christmas Eve we had so much fun with all of our traditions, I will dedicated an entire post to that next week though. I really do love that we do a lot of things on Christmas Eve. This year for the first time we had our big "Christmas dinner" on Christmas Eve, as let's face it, on Christmas we are all so busy playing with our new toys that we don't want to take the time to make a big meal. It was perfect.
3. Eric and I always save all the wrapping until Christmas Eve. It took about a couple of hours, including a trip to the store for batteries and assembling a bike. Every year we question why we leave it until the end, but every year we do it the same way.
4. They always say kids can't sleep well on Christmas Eve, well either can I. I don't think I fell into a good sleep until 2:30 on Christmas Eve night, then when your kids are up at 6:00 AM on the dot (only because we won't let them wake us up sooner then that), it led to a couple of naps on Christmas Day from me.
5. I really kind of love the Christmas Video I made-- if you didn't see it, make sure you go check it out here.
|Round and round she goes!|
|Excited for Christmas|
|The aftermath of making gingerbread houses|
|A sneak tease of our houses- see them next week|
|She was large with child-- acting out nativity, totally creepy how you can see the baby's face.|