1. This week when I picked up Lucas from school, he was standing there with his science fair poster board and a big purple ribbon! He got 1st place in the entire district! He will now be moving to the county science fair. I am so proud of him and so grateful all of his hard work is being acknowledged.
2. Sometimes plans and life get put on hold. This week Ryder was sick and stayed home from school for a couple days. One of those awful coughs where he just seems to never stop coughing and a fever. Thursday I decided to take him to the doctor, called right away but they couldn't get us in until 4:00; of course that whole day he hardly ever coughed and seemed to be doing better. He did still have a fever though and was prescribed a Z-pack.
3. I was amazed at how little I got done the days he was home. There were times he was just watching a show so I could have got stuff done, but I think I took a 'sick' day too.
4. A friend from high school started a "reunion" page for those of us that were in band, hoping we can all get together sometime. Our band director is part of the group and mentioned that he was going to be retiring in four years. He was young when he was my band director- am I really getting that old?
5. After Alex's soccer game on Saturday, which was rough, we drove through the craziest storm coming home. Her game was up in the high desert and so we had to descend back down; it was clear and great at her game, but we literally could see the start of the storm as we began our descent. For a while we were driving right through it and it was the thickest fog I have ever seen in my life, as it was more than just fog, we were driving right through the clouds of the storm.
|Pretty clouds over the mountains- the same range when came down into the storm through|
|The fog out the window-Alex took this for me from the back seat|
|Before the fog- and after the game frozen yogurt was a must (don't mind my lack of makeup)|
|Don't you sit on the counter when brushing your teeth?|