1. This past weekend was amazing! It was first very strange being away from my family for a couple of nights, but man I came home remembering why I love motherhood and just really recharged. I am so grateful to be part of Power of Moms.
2. I have not flown on a plane without kids since I have had kids! Isn't that crazy? It was my first time ever having to do the full body scanner, since when you fly with kids you get to do the regular x-ray.
3. I worked at the book fair again this week and am proud to say I left without buying anything this time, already spent a lot of money the week before.
4. Last night was my kids' open house. It is always fun being able to go in and see their classrooms and the work they are doing. Plus our school makes it fun with food trucks, live music, and bake sales before you go in and see the classrooms.
5. The other cool thing about last night's open house- I got to park in the principles spot! I went to a District school accountability meeting and if you attended you got to put your name in a drawing and I won a reserved parking spot for an event of my choice. Last night we got to pull right in front of the school, where every spot was taken of course, move the cones with the reserved sign and pull right in. I felt so cool. It's the little things, right?
|Sarah (middle) was nice enough to let April and I stay at her house Thursday night so we could catch our plane more easily|
|My mother-in-law and I- met her for lunch in Salt Lake on Friday|
|LOVE the tulips at Temple Square right now|
|Still quite a bit of snow on the ground at the house we stayed at in Park City- in fact it snowed more on Saturday!|
|Ryder showing us his papers at open house|
What is your Friday 5?