5 Things About My Son for his Birthday
1. He truly is such a wonderful leader and example to his siblings, though he didn't start that way. He came three days late and after many hours of labor and 4 hours of literally pushing, he was born via emergency c-section. So he didn't exactly lead the way for his siblings. In the end, I had a healthy baby and it was all worth it.
2. He is our most traveled child, having lived in three different states and attended two different schools, well three if you count middle school. Sometimes change and transitions can be very challenging for him and the start of his school education was a disaster, but now he is so successful in school and loves it.
3. He has many nicknames, Eric calls him Super Lukenator. At school though he is often known as "the class google" or our "little dictionary"- though encyclopedia would be more accurate as he remembers everything! He reads fact books for fun and remembers crazy details. His mind is always going, always calculating, always figuring things out.
4. His heart is truly golden. He will be the first to truly apologize when he makes a mistake and really cares about and is aware of how others are feeling. He sometimes ignores this when teasing his siblings, but truly he has a good heart and a kind soul.
5. Now that he is almost 12 years-old and almost as tall as me (okay he might actually be as tall as me, I haven't dared really measure lately), I am so proud of who he is and who he is becoming. I am so grateful that he is my first born as I try and navigate these new stages of motherhood, he is the perfect one to be figuring it all out with me. I am so excited (and nervous) for what the future holds, and I have no doubt if he keeps his good heart and keeps on the path he is now on he will be truly successful and happy in life.
|One of my all time favorite pictures of Lucas- the wonder, thinking and bit of worry|
|At our home in Arizona- second place he lived|
|First Day of Kindergarten|
|On his baptism day at 8 years-old|
To my son who made me a mother, I love you!