It is halfway through the month and I have not made any recipes from the Cooking Club yet. I had better get cooking. Here is the next recipe for August, this is the one I submitted for the month.
(image from Bettycrocker.com)
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 8 thin slices cooked corned beef (about 8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and boiling water until dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. In small bowl, mix sauerkraut and dressing.
- For each sandwich, place one-fourth of dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Press dough into 6 1/2-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Arrange 1/4 of the corned beef on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges, folding beef to fit if necessary. Top with 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sandwich in half; press edges with tines of fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush sandwiches with egg; sprinkle with caraway seed. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until crust is golden brown.