- I believe in God the Eternal Father, in his Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
- I believe we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to return to him.
- I believe in doing good, in the sacredness of parenthood and the importance of raising the next generation.
- I believe in loving all and doing good to those around me.
- I believe in an infinite atonement with which my life depends as I am and will ever be in need of it to be saved.
- I belong to a church who's members volunteer more than any other group of Americans, and are more generous than the top 20% of religious people-- as discovered by an independent study.
"If we will devote ourselves to the cause [of our families] we will improve every other aspect of our lives"
"When families work and play together, neighborhoods flourish and economies improve"
If you came upon a person who was drowning would you stop and ask if they needed help? Or would you jump in and save them?
"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."
"Communication with our Heavenly Father is not a trivial manner. It is a sacred privilege."
There was a talk given by Elder Oak, an Apostle of the Lord, where he talked about the wonderful examples of Catholic priests and Protestants who have sacrificed their lives for Christ.
I am grateful for those who believe even if it is different than what I believe. I am grateful for my blogging friend Colleen who's religious beliefs are an extreme opposite of my own, but she inspires me everyday with how her beliefs lead her to serve, do good and try and help the world be a better place.
I believe the more people that believe in a God that teaches them to love, to serve and to help others and to have a real moral basis of good values the better off this world will be. The moral relativism of anything goes, if it makes you happy then it's good- is what is leading this world to a scary place I wish it would not go.
So yes, my twitter feed blew up this weekend.
And I do not need to apologize. For this is who I am.
My name is Emily. I am Mormon.
Linking up with Shell's PYHO